Battle.net Dial-In Authenticator

Moderators: Zmokey, Tovi, fanto

Zmokey

Battle.net Dial-In Authenticator

Post by Zmokey »

Blizzard announced a new tool today for security conscious people: the Battle.net Dial-In Authenticator. For those who don't have access to a smart phone capable of running the authenticator software, or those unable to get a token authenicator, users will be able to sign up for this new service. It's free and (currently) only available to U.S. Residents. How it works is pretty simple: you will authorize a specific phone number and make a phone call to verify it. After that every time something unusual happens with your account, such as logging in from a foreign location, you will be required to make a phone call from the registered phone number and enter your pin which will provide you with a single use security code much like the normal authenticators.
Wowhead

Im Moment gibts das nur für USblizzards, mal gucken, wann das nach Europa kommt ..-)
Estios

Post by Estios »

Das wohl nur für Leute die so uralt Handys besitzen :)
"There are two opinions in this world. Mine and the wrong one." -- Jeremy Clarkson
Ikkuna

Post by Ikkuna »

Estios wrote:Das wohl nur für Leute die so uralt Handys besitzen :)
Ich hab ein Palm Treo... das is nicht wirklich alt... aber dafür gibts den Auth. auch ned ^^
"I like my coffee black, just like my metal"