Eternity Vault Guides

thylor

Post by thylor »

Cov wrote:Gestern abend "raiden" gewesen...
fortsetzung im "hardmode":

die bosse hatten ein wenig mehr life, und haben ein wenig mehr schaden gemacht. sonst konnte ich erstmal keinen unterschied entdecken.

bis zum (in meinen augen nicht raidtauglichen) "alte masten" puzzle lief alles eigentlich gut. das puzzle jedoch konnten wir trotz pen and paper strategie nicht lösen: obwohl wir die perfekte drehreihenfolge ausgeklügelt hatten, waren die schalter ab einem unbestimmten punkt nicht mehr anclickbar. unser bester "versuch" lag bei 7/8 symbolen. heisst: alle sterben und trash nochmal kloppen, in der hoffnung dass es beim nächstenmal klappt. mehr war leider an guides auch nicht rauszufinden, also haben wirs nach gefühlten 1000 versuchen einfach sein lassen.

ich bin ja ein puzzletyp, aber erstens hat das im raid nix zu suchen finde ich, und zweitens scheint es (ich traus mich garnicht sagen) schlichtweg verbugged zu sein. nervig. wobei ich natürlich noch eine paar lösungsansätze hätte (zb vermute ich, dass man auf jedenfall gleichviele züge machen muss, um das rätsel zu lösen, da einige forenberichte darauf hindeuten, dass es sich nur lösen lässt, wenn man zufällig für jede seite genau 8 züge vorgegeben bekommt). aber, mal ehrlich, was hat das mit raiden zu tun? sudoku mach ich gern solo, oder zb das lightsout puzzle in balmorra, aber nicht mit 8 leuten im raid und jedesmal 20 min trash, da man die ini resetten muss um das puzzle neu lösen zu können.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=130578

zum dampf ablsassen wollten wir dann noch bonetrasher im hardmode angucken:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=136344

also: lassen wir uns zeit beim leveln und gehen lieber erstmal twinken ;)
es ist gelogen, dass videogames kids beeinflussen. hätte pacman das getan, würden wir heute durch dunkle räume irren, pillen fressen und elektronische musik hören.

:?: momentchen mal... :shock:
Shareel

Post by Shareel »

“Das Problem hat, wenn überhaupt, lediglich in der Praxis Relevanz.”
Cov

Post by Cov »

thylor

Post by thylor »

es ist gelogen, dass videogames kids beeinflussen. hätte pacman das getan, würden wir heute durch dunkle räume irren, pillen fressen und elektronische musik hören.

thylor

Post by thylor »

das zerstören der pylonen beim runterspringen entfernt scheinbar irgendeine art von buff-stacks auf soa. manchmal schient das aufgrund eines "features" nicht zu klappen. also beim nächstenmal auch auf diese ominösen stacks achten vielleicht.

thylor

Post by thylor »

die grundlegende mechanik heisst wohl, sobald ein spieler in reichweite der kugeln ist:

- ein anvisierter spieler erhält von seiner kugel solange mehrere ticks ranged schaden, bis er sie kontaktiert und damit explodieren lässt.

- ein nicht anvisierter spieler erhält nur den ranged schaden, da er sie nicht zum explodieren bringen kann.

sicher nicht das tollste video, aber man kann sehr schön sehen, wie sie die kugeln kontrolliert explodieren lassen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQqTh3IagfY

ich hab auch noch gelesen, dass die kugeln unter umständen nach dem explodieren noch ein - zwei ticks ranged schaden machen sollen, wird als bug bewertet, aber wer weiss. auf jedenfall damit rechnen.

Cov

Post by Cov »

The most common complaints I see in this section of the forums are related to these two bosses. I'm no elitist, I'm not here to call you all noobs, and I lead a raid for a surprisingly casual group of regular folks. We have jobs, kids, and real lives as most of you do but we manage to effectively down the most "difficult" encounters this game has to offer. Not to say we are better then you, no, not at all. Simply trying to put into perspective that we are normal people and just about anyone can do what we do. Now, onto the subject.

Hard Mode Pillars - NOT bugged.
Well...not in the sense most believe anyways. I find it hard to believe the devs designed an encounter where if you fail it that you have to reset the entire instance and reclear trash without any explanation other then "You have a bad feeling." But, then again there was Mt. Hyjal which was far more punishing so who knows their real intentions.

Anyways I'm here to guarantee that you will never fail this encounter ever again. In normal mode it doesn't matter what you do, solve the puzzle in whatever order at your leisure and just don't get over run by the mobs. Simple enough. In Hard Mode it is an actual puzzle that has to be done in a timely and simultaneous manner.

Now I have solved it without locking up in just about every combination imaginable but if you want to GUARANTEE that you never fail the encounter then you follow the below instructions:

1) The first row doesn't matter, you can't fail it and lock up the encounter. Use it to figure out the color pattern so you know what rotations you need to make. Also, believe it or not someone designed an app for the iPhone to tell you it based on the starting colors. Anyways just figure out the color pattern so you can set up your rotations.

2) Due to the recent buff to the encounter to where you have a limited time before being bombarded with elites you need to have 2 people who are doing the rotations. Best thing to do is assign one person on each side, North and South to call out rotations and they themselves initiating the "solving" rotation.

3) Once you get the puzzle into a place where one more rotation will solve it for your side stop, clear the current wave, ensure that both your "solvers" are ready and then solve at the same time.

4) If you do the encounter correctly it shouldn't matter which side solves first, HOWEVER, for safety sake, ALWAYS solve the SOUTH side a second before the North. Easy thing to do is when you countdown (3,2,1) to solve at the same time your SOUTH player starts the cast on 2. That way he will solve slightly before the North pillar and well, it NEVER locks up if you do this. Ever.

If you do this quick enough it is possible to clear it before you even get to the double Elite wave spawn. It is an extremely easy encounter and although I will concede it is technically and partially bugged the encounter kinda makes sense, albeit a pain.

Hard Mode Soa - Less RNG, more execution
We all know the bug list for Soa is extremely long and ever expanding. At one point he will be completely ignoring the tank and one shotting your first born child because you didn't run a lightning ball on the correct path. It happens. Now I can say that with VERY few exceptions almost all of his bugs can be counter acted with a solid strat. A lot of people will say just because you came up with a strat to counter the bugs doesn't mean Bioware shouldn't fix them. Well friends, after you read and execute my strategy hopefully you will see that some of these bugs may just be poor execution on your part. Now...onto the strat.

PHASE ONE
DPS...don't die...navigate the platforms to phase 2. If you fail here...um...I can't help you. I've heard rumors of non existent platforms or some bs but truth be told I have NEVER seen platforms not being where they should be. I've done that encounter on normal and hard A LOT of times...not once has a platform not been where it needed to be. So for this "bug" I'm going to call that you messed up the platform navigation. Someone prove me wrong with a video. I know I sound like an assuming jerk but seriously, I've never seen it happen or heard of this issue from other players similarly progressed.

PHASE TWO
1) This phase is in my opinion the most difficult one and where most of the "bugs" start to kick in. Start off this phase by stacking in the middle, getting all of your players topped off, and ready to DPS Soa. When Soa becomes vulnerable give your tank a second to pick him up. If you don't, well sorry to tell you but he MAY cyclone/mind trap your tank and GG. Last time I checked aggro mismanagement wasn't a bug, it is user error.

2) Now DPS prioritizes getting mind traps down and then focusing on Soa. When lightning balls spawn have someone calling them out and those players IMMEDIATELY run out of the raid, get topped off, get a shield, and run to their lightning ball. Run just enough to blow it up and then IMMEDIATELY run back to the group and restack. This allows the healers to keep everyone topped off much easier. **Pro Tip - Don't shield people during this phase unless it is to blow up a lightning ball. You don't want a person to have to blow it up and it be unavailable.

3) Lightning balls should be up for a matter of a few seconds, once exploded get those people topped off and restack. Sometimes a player make get lightning ball called out on them and promptly cycloned or mind trapped, this presents a problem as that lightning ball will go to wherever their position was before being cycloned/mind trapped. Move your group. If you reposition your group to another spot you avoid that issue entirely. The key is your players paying attention to lightning balls and calling out "hey, I got lightning balled by cycloned/mind trapped please move." Your group moves as one to a slightly different position and when that player pops out you shield/top them off.

4) "But dude, I died to cyclone and there was nothing I could do." **Pro Tip - If you are EVER below 50% during that fight use a medpac. "Why? I shouldn't have to use consumables for a bug." Sorry chief, but being topped off has always been a design for end game encounters in almost every MMO I have ever played. If you are below 50% HP you will likely die if you get cycloned. So...pop them medpacs and let your healers know how important it is to keep everyone topped off.

5) Believe it or not but some DPS classes have heals. *GASP* No way! So yeah, if one of your healers gets mind trapped or cycloned and you can see the raid is falling a bit behind on heals. Help a brother out. Use self DR/heal cooldowns, heal yourself, heal the guy next to you, whatever. I'm not saying you have to take the healers role but at least keep yourself up. The Enrage time is NOT that tight, you can afford to be spending one GCD on a heal.

6) "OMG I'M STUCK IN A MINDTRAP!" or "OMG SOA DROPPED ME FROM A MILLION FEET INTO THE AIR TO THE GROUND AND I DIED!" You mean you failed at timing your push into p3? I'm sorry but this one drives me insane. If you are too stupid to realize that pushing him under 30% while people are mind trapped or cycloned is a bad idea then you probably think that any mechanic leading to your wipe must be a bug. Would it be nice if Bioware designed it so that it placed you in a safe location promptly after pushing him into p3? Sure. It would, but it isn't necessary. You are just impatient, lazy, stupid, or all of the above. Seriously, this is almost as bad as wondering why your tank got mind trapped. I'll say it again, the Enrage timer is NOT that tight, you can afford to wait a few seconds to break out mind traps or wait for cyclone to finish.

PHASE THREE
1) It is the same as phase 2 really, only instead of DPSing him the entire time you only have to worry about when he is vulnerable. The rest of the time can be dedicated to breaking out mind traps and managing the lightning balls. **Pro Tip - Stacking the raid underneath a pillar is um...well...F***ing retarded.

2) Your tank is the star in this phase, he needs to make sure he positions correctly, advises of when to DPS, etc. Even though he is invulnerable you can still stack debuffs on him prior to the shield breaking. So if you have a delayed DPS ability, an armor debuff, or whatever. Once all mind traps are down and a lightning ball isn't on you feel free to prepare that for when Soa is about to break. It can give you the extra boost that you need.

3) Okay so you have managed to break his shield three times but that DPS just wasn't good enough and you are about to get to your fourth one. I will absolutely concede a design flaw here...sometimes this fourth shield coincides with his enrage timer and if he hits that right as the pillar hits him the shield WILL NOT break. Sometimes it does, more often it seems it doesn't. So my word of advice here is to try and kill him before the fourth shield break OR if you can try to survive till the fifth. If you get to six...welll...uh...you are both pro and bad at the same time, but either way I think I'd give you props.

Well folks I hope my guide was at least somewhat helpful to you and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please let me know. I will do my best to address them in an appropriate and timely manner. Good hunting. Get it? I'm a bounty hunter? F*** it.
thylor

Post by thylor »